Sunday, August 31, 2008

I'm Back!!

EWW, how Twilight Zone! Maybe some of you thought I didn't make it through the cancer, because I never finished my blog. And now here I am blogging.. Kinda like I'm back from the dead... SPOOKY.. No, I just got lazy. I know, how dare I! Well, I'm sorry, I really am. For those of you that haven't heard, I AM IN REMISSION!! They told me some time ago, I can't remember. I now have to go in and have my blood work & tests done every 3months. I'm just a little nervous to go in, just don't want to hear any bad news. Maybe I'll just plug my ears.. I'm doing rather well, I'm just tired. I'm still a bit scatter brained. Now I can't blame it on the chemo.. Instead of saying "I've got cancer" (which some of you may have heard me say, once or twice...) I say, "I HAD cancer" it doesn't work as well. I can't get out of things like I used to be able to with the 1st phrase. It's all good though. I must tell you how truly blessed I am, my family & friends, neighbors & employers, were all so good to me. All of the prayers, kind words, thoughts, smiles, food, gifts, visits, you name it, all of it got me through. I have learned alot about many of you, and about my self. My life seems to be falling into order. My family is doing so well. Meggen is a senior this year @ Spanish Fork High. WOW!! And a National Honors student at that! (I don't know where she got that from..) She's going to Home Coming next Saturday. She's excited for that. She was just selected to be in the All State Choir in October. They only pick so many students to be in it each year. She was 1 of 12 at her school. (I'm excited because I too was in All State Choir, oh so many years ago...) She can't wait to attend BYU next Fall. She wants to be a Forensic Anthropologist. I don't even know how to spell it! Thomas & Taylor are now living with us full time!! Thomas is in 6th grade & Taylor is in 4th. They go to Brockbank Elementary. Thomas said the other day how much he loved his school. He said even better than the others he had gone to. He has made several friends. Taylor loves it too. She has a ton of friends in the neighborhood that she goes to school with. You should have heard all of the little girl squeals when we told them Taylor would be here all of the time!! I'm able to leave work & be home for the kids after school. They seem to enjoy that. Andy just got a new job, Starts on Tuesday. He's so excited. It's going to be a great change. He gets to learn all sorts of new things. They are sending him to Az for training in a couple of weeks. I'm so proud of him. We've all grown so much! We have family prayer, scripture study, family night and we even started going to church again!! Andy said the other night that he wants us to be an eternal family, that he wants to take me to the temple. I'm so happy. I know none of this would have come about if, I , if we, didn't go through the trial that we did. We are strong, you are strong! Thank you for being apart of my life, apart of all of this. Thank you for being here. I love you all! I'll check in from time to time. Please keep me posted too. Love you , Tona, Poison Girl!!!

5 comments:

Karie said...

I'm so happy for you! So much good news! I miss you!

phil &angela said...

You certainly deserve all the happiness you are feeling right now!This lifetime holds such wonderful things for you baby girl,I pray you and your sweet family discover them all!

Lacey said...

I am so happy to hear your good news! What a relief! I will say a prayer of "thanks" tonight! It's great to hear your family is all together - what a blessing. Thanks for blogging! Love ya tons, Lacey

Lacking Productivity said...

Whoo Hoo!

Cindy and Phil said...

So glad to hear that you are doing so well. Tell that darling Taylor how much I miss seeing her too...so glad to hear that she loves it down there:) You guys take care and tell Andy and Thomas hi.