Sunday, April 6, 2008

7 Weeks Down

Hi, down another week! Thursday was my bad day - Andy worked & Meggen was in school like usual, but Thomas & Taylor were here for Spring break. Thomas watched movies with me & Taylor kept asking if I was going to be ok? Talked to my mom later in the afternoon. It was good to hear her voice. : ) Friday wasn't the best either, Taylor called Grandpa Fullmer to see if he wanted to take them to lunch @ McDonalds.. (I tried to pay, but he wouldn't take it) when they left I slept & vomited, pretty normal. Susan brought over home made rolls (Taylor's favorite!) & jello (yummy) Georgette brought us pizza & bread sticks - I think Thomas could live off of that!! & a STRAWBERRY shake for me... I know this is going to shock some of you, but, I'm not into chocolate anymore!! It's all about the STRAWBERRY!! Saturday Andy & Megg both worked & Taylor played with the Bishops daughter. Thomas was my hang out buddy again. It was such a sunny day, that we went out in the yard. We pulled some weeds out of the flower bed & herb garden. I got tired & sat in the sun awhile. Thomas pruned the rose bushes. He was such a big help, never complained once. We tried to get the lawn mower out, but between Thomas & myself, we couldn't get it out of the garage. I seem to have lost some of my super hero abilities as well..haha Andy got home & started grilling steaks - smelled good, but there's no way I could have gotten that down. He made me a salad, oddly enough I can keep that down. Nikki brought over homemade Chicken pot pie! Yummy, I was able to eat a piece & it stayed down! And she brought STRAWBERRY icecream.. You guys know me so well.. I felt terrible, because apparently I was told she was bringing dinner for us & I completely forgot!! I blame it on the Chemo!! I'm forgetting a lot of things, which would normally drive me nuts, however, since I can't remember I've forgotten it, it doesn't seem to bother me too badly... I think I wore myself out on Saturday, maybe over did it just a touch.. Sunday's here, not much of an appetite, I'm just so tired... nothing new, I know. I'm having one of those emotional days. Feeling useless, a burden, ugly, swollen & balding! Ugggg I can't wait to be done with all of this. I'm doing the woe is me, sorry. General Conference was good, what I saw of it.. I taped it so I could REALLY watch it when I'm not so dopey & sleepy. So maybe I'll watch it towards the end of June.. LOL Andy is making peach cobbler, because I said it sounded good. Any time I say something sounds good, or that I might be able to eat something, he jumps on it, & poof, it's here! He's been great! He's been my timekeeper on when I take my RX's. He'll call when he's at work & tell me which one to take. I felt really bad this weekend because he's had a cold, yet I still needed his help. That, I think, has been the hardest, because I'm usually the one who takes care of him & the kids.. Like most of us moms. But he assures me that he loves me & he'll take care of me through eternity!! I think I'll hold him to it. Seems like Sunday evening meds are the hardest to stay on time with. We sort of go in to the "whew, we're over another week" mode, yet the week doesn't end until I go to sleep for the night.. So, here I sit & type to let you know what went on this weekend (nothing new) but I'm waiting to take my last dose of Chemo, see we lost track of time again, now I have to wait until 9 PM to take it.. I haven't had a terrible time with my last dose on Sundays (as in I don't worship the porcelain idol as often) I don't PLAN on anything however, because it seems as soon I ASSume I've got a schedule & routine down, it throws me through a loop.. So, we'll just say, I hope I'll be snoozing by 9:30!! Monday morning work comes around very early!! I am still going to work Monday-Wednesday. Wow, I bet you never thought you'd get so many details about my life... that'll teach you.. Log on next Sunday for exciting new details of my life on poison.. Keep smiling. Good night & I love you all, xoxo Tona

5 comments:

Karie said...

Tona, you will NEVER be ugly! You are the cutest little thing. I'm proud of your hubby...he is doing a great job! Have a great Monday!

Lacking Productivity said...

I'm Karie L's daughter (I got to Dr. T & Dr. C's office too). I can't believe what you are going through! You are incredible! Keep on rocking in the free world!

The Jensen's said...

okay, okay i am here. i hope that you know how happy my week starts when i walk into the office and see your face first (kinda romantic huh) no really. i love that i get to start my week with my best friend. your awsome,strong,beauti-muss,fun,not ugly, not swollen,and NOT useless. so tell who ever let you feel that way, to stick it where the sun doesn't shine!!! love ya :)

Lacey said...

Tona, I don't think you have lost any super hero abilities, I think you have gained some! I am so glad that you have so much suppport. I wish I lived by you so I could help too! How long does it take to drive there? Love ya, Lacey

Uncle Budddy said...

Hey Tona--- I am so glad you are keeping your spirit up. A lot of friends and a lot of prayer can't hurt. The hair will grow back. The strength as well. Just give everything time OK? I was talking to Jodi and she is really worried and wants to talk to you really bad. Seems all of us have not kept in touch as much as we should have. We always have an excuse it seems. Aunt Bonnie and I are praying for you and would it be possible to see you? Forget the hair and stuff. We would love you and you would be cute even if you had quarter size zits and no teeth. You know, your Mom said you don't like to answer your phone so why don't you give me a call. Cell number is 435-668-3830. Hey, really love you and stay tough.