Sunday, April 27, 2008

10th Week Down

Hey everyone - well this week was... well it's over! I went to the doctor on Wednesday for my complete blood count. First draw, no good, dehydrated!! 2nd draw, ok. Then I had to wait a while & drink some disgusting sugar concoction, guess my electrolytes are low. Then I had a 3rd & a 4th draw. I was "the human pin cushion". What all this means is.. well it didn't look good, only because my counts aren't moving as fast as the Doc wants, so he increased my Chemo to be more aggressive. I take almost double what I was taking before. I still have my "active days" and my "recovery days". So I went out with Midgee & Rufus to Red Robbin & a movie, (last meal, sort of thing..) Rufus is moving to Alaska for the summer & I'll miss her terribly!! (thanks for the early Bday, I love all of it!!xox) This Thursday was my first day of AGGRESSIVE Chemo!! It was very AGGRESSIVE! I was very much a bathroom fixture! When Andy got home that evening, I couldn't even focus on him, he kept asking me what was wrong. Oh well. Friday morning was pretty much the same as Thursday. Towards the afternoon, I was just dizzy & tired. Saturday was such a pretty day outside again, when Andy got home from work he mowed the lawn, so I sat in the swing in the sunshine. Felt nice, but I didn't feel well enough to pull weeds or sweep up. We tried watching a movie, but I couldn't keep my eyes open. Today, Andy had to work AGAIN and the kids were at their others, so I was missing all of them! I felt pretty normal today. What I've noticed & most of you probably have too, is that I forget ALOT! I ask the same questions over and over, and as soon as the answer is about to be given, I almost remember that I've asked it before, almost. It's driving me nuts.. Oh, the Doc did say that this stronger dose of Chemo might give me the munchies.. He was right, I've wanted to eat & eat, problem is, I still can't get much of any substance down. We found out that Wendy's fast food place now serves STRAWBERRY shakes & that OREO has a Limited Edition of STRAWBERRY Oreo's!! Andy bought me some STRAWBERRY applesauce, Yummy! Well, 10th week down. Tomorrow will be a great day! Susan thanks for the shake!! Tara thanks for the Jello! I read my comments from last week & I just have to say, THANK YOU ALL!! You don't know what it means to me to know that you care enough to want to keep up on this "thing" we're going through. Lacey, I almost forgot to blog tonight, but Andy reminded me & I'm glad because I read your comment, & I don't want you to stay up all night waiting!! xo Jan & Celest it was so good to hear from you girls!! I love you! Celest what's new with you?? Niki, me, STUBBORN??? Well I never!! Teasing, don't be scared. I love you girl. Oh in case any of you were wondering, yes my real name is WonTon Ubangee Rae Fullmer, (thanks for telling everyone Angela xoxox (my SIS)) Ang (sis in law) you're the only retard, I did this WHOLE BLOG, duh!! I love you! Karie I didn't call you, I need to know whats up.. xox Thanks to all of you for your kind words & for thinking of me & my family. I love you all -
Kira L. , thanks for the "Pro" comment, hmm I need to come up with a cool name, like Poison Girl, and my super power can be, projectile vomiting... That's just wrong, I'll keep working on it. Tune in next Sunday for adventures with Poison girl. :) Tona

7 comments:

Lacey said...

Thank You Tona! I'm sorry about the extra chemo. Love, Lacey

Lacking Productivity said...

Poison girl...I love it...seriously...I smell reality tv hit!

And my strawberry suggestion is Sonic Strawberry Slush...made with the real deal...not just flavoring...get them between 2-4pm because then you can get a 44-ouncer for like $1!

Karie said...

Tona, I am 100% positive that Kira loves poison girl...she has told me for years if she ever has a little girl she wants to name her Poison (no I'm not kidding)she has talked about it for so many years I think I will be disappointed if she changes her mind.
Double doses of Chemo! That is such a bummer. You are so stinking tuff, you can do it! I'm glad you have some up time to recover a little.
I want to try one of the strawberry shakes they have at Wendy's. My Mom always got me Strawberry shakes when I wasn't feeling good....such wonderful comfort food! I love you! Keep up the great work!

Susan said...

I love your name! Wonton is alot better than one ton! I love you girl! You are such an inspiration to me.
Tons of love now and forever. Me

cameo said...

I Care


I’m sending this to let you know
I think of you each day,
And pray for your recovery,
Hoping soon you’ll be okay.


You’re going through a lot right now;
You’re treatments can be trying;
Remember while you do them
It’s your problem you’re defying.


Hold on to your positive attitude,
And when things get hard to bear,
Know that I am here for you;
Remember that I care.


And when you’re well and flourishing,
Look back and realize,
You learned what you were made of;
That’s a reward that satisfies!


I believe in you; You can do it!

The Jensen's said...

okay, so it's one more week down. even if the doc has tacked on a few more weeks. just remember your gonna get a tropical vaction after the cemo has done it's job. palm trees, sea shells and waves with the one you love, or i guess that andy could go instead. us girls can do it in 5-10 years right? stay strong, tuff, and awsome. i love you and hope that this next weekend has gone okay for you.

Sydney said...

Hang in there! What a journey you're on. I love that you're keeping this blog, helps us understand what you have to go through to get well. Hang in there!